Chris Hemsworth's Taking an Acting Break, and Maybe a Permanent Thor Break

Hemswort told Vanity Fair, "It definitely triggered something in me to desire to take some time off." "And since we concluded the show, I've been finishing up the tasks I had previously agreed to accomplish." [...] I'm going home, taking some time off, and simply simplifying my life. Be with the kids and my wife." Learning about his possible medical destiny is startlingly honest, and despite Disney's offer to cut such parts, he elected to keep them in. "My worry was that I didn't want to twist it, overdramatize it, and turn it into some clumsy attempt at empathy or something for entertainment."



Despite his temporary hiatus, Hemsworth acknowledged the potential of returning to the role of Thor in the future. After the standard "I'm open to it if there's more" remark, he was more explicit, indicating that he'd be happy if Thor 5 was his final film. "If I did that again, we'd probably have to close the book, you know what I mean?" "I think it's probably justified," he replied. "I have a feeling it'll be the finale, but that's not based on anything anyone has informed me or any type of plan." You have the birth of a hero, the journey of a hero, and the death of a hero, and I'm not sure what comes next.

One of his next parts is in George Miller's Furiosa, a prequel picture to the critically successful Mad Max: Fury Road. His views on working with Miller, whom he characterized as "a genius, but not the insane sort," may shed some light on what the Australian intends to achieve with the rest of his acting career. "I told my agent, 'That's where I want to spend my work hours; with someone pleasant, collaborative, and intriguing.'" [...] One who is conscious of how his energy affects others...and chooses to make it a positive experience. Everyone on the crew is in a better mood. It perplexes me that some people in that position don't realize this."

Post a Comment

Previous Post Next Post